Globalization has given rise to increasingly segmented and competitive tourism markets. Companies wishing to expand their business must internationalize and position themselves in foreign markets, while they face new challenges in terms of commercial management when organizing sales in uncertain environment characterized by cultural differences.
Factors including geopolitical instability in certain regions, the emergence of low cost companies and changing habits in many societies have led to significant changes in the international tourism sector. These changes have led to the need for professionals capable of understanding the complexity and dynamics of international tourism.
With all of this in mind, Ostelea has decided to develop a programme of the Executive Master in International Tourism Management specializing in Hotel and Restaurant Management Company Management, the objective of which is to equip professionals and directors to lead global business projects in the field of hospitality management.
Reasons to take the Ostelea’s Master in Hotel and Restaurant Company Management:
- Special emphasis on revenue management, which is taught using a business game. This particular aspect of hotel marketing is broadly developed in this specialization program through an applied vision based on a business game.
- Case study method: The case study method enables students to systematically improve their decision-making process using real cases of tourism companies. Moreover, this methodology enables other skills to be developed, including creativity, analytical thinking, verbal and written communication competences and interpersonal skills. The cases studies in the 2015/2016 academic year included El Bulli and Ryanair.
- Networking: Master students have the opportunity to take part in the Afterwork series, an activity that puts them in contact with the business world through meetings with entrepreneurs. Moreover, the can attend the series of meetings with hotel directors and restaurant company executives and international tourism consultants.
- Coaching program: Master students can participate in Ostelea’s coaching program, which includes group sessions in various fields, such as emotional coaching and family coaching.
- Attendance at sector trade fairs: Students attend a range of sector trade fairs such as Alimentaria or IBTM (Barcelona), and HOREQ, the professional showroom for suppliers in the hospitality and tourism sector or the Salón de Gourmets, the international trade for quality food and beverages (Madrid). Attendance at these trade fairs depends on the date falling within the tuition period of the session.
- Ostelea is a member of the Asociación Española de Directores y Directivos de Hotel (Spanish Association of Hotel Directors and Executives).
- This Master is run in Madrid and Barcelona.
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places):
- Tourism Skills Development Program.
- Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
- Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.