This program will be conducted in Spanish.
The Master in Hotel and Restaurant Company Management, aims to train professionals and managers to lead global business projects in the field of hospitality management, but from the business perspective necessary to be efficient in decision making within this sector so globalized and dynamic, and do not obviate the impact of new technologies.
Reasons to take the Master:
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Students learn to develop the basic competences required to manage professional projects effectively through a program covering 10 Soft Skills.
- Case method: The case method allows the student to systematically improve his decision making process through the discussion of cases of real tourism companies. In addition, this methodology allows to develop other skills such as creativity, analytical thinking, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Some of the cases worked on previous courses for this program have been El Bulli and Ryanair.
- Special emphasis on revenue management, which is taught through a business game. This particular area of hotel marketing is developed extensively in this specialty through an applied vision through a business game.
- Monthly conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies or CEO’s from representative companies of the sector.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at the other Ostelea’s campus. (Accommodation not included).
Attendance at Trade Fairs
- Attendance at sector fairs: Students attend sector fairs such as Alimentaria (Barcelona), considered one of the most important food fairs in the world; Or IBTM (Barcelona), one of the benchmarks in business tourism. HOREQ (Madrid), the professional salon of suppliers for the Hospitality Industry and the tourist sector, or the Gourmets Hall (Madrid), the international fair for quality food and drinks. Attendance at these fairs will depend on entering by date within the academic period of the subject to demand.
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Learning by doing: the student will take a week of training given at Petit Palace based on innovation in Hotel Management.
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others.
- Ostelea gives its students access to the Entrepreneurship Service, based on: Project selection + Training + Access to Finance + Accompaniment.
Other key features
- Ostelea is an affiliated member of the Asociación Española de Profesionales del Turismo (AEPT).
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE’s Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.