This program will be conducted in English in Madrid.
The objective of Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is to equip professionals and executives to lead business projects focused on planning and managing various types of events (in particular, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE), as well as congresses, conventions and trade fairs), ensuring that they have a firm grasp of the concepts of protocol and communications and public relations strategies, and enabling them to generate tourism development specializing in the quality business tourism sector. The programme also ensures that participants have the business perspective required to be efficient in the decision-making process.
This master is also conducted in Spanish in Barcelona. For further information click here
Reasons for taking Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE):
- Management Experience: Students develop the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Organization of real events: Students on the Master take charge of organizing the School’s events and protocol. In previous years, the students helped to organize International Book Day, among other events.
- Personal brand management: The program includes the development of skills in the field of personal brand management, which include learning personal marketing and employability techniques, in order to identify professional opportunities in Spain and further afield.
- Stress management techniques: The program includes a number of sessions on stress management techniques, a crucial skill for any events organization executive, as their psycho-emotional balance is vital for effective team management.
- Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Barcelona campus.
Attendance to sector trade fairs
- Extensive program of visits to trade fairs, events and organization: If the tuition period coincides in terms of dates, students on the program can attend FITUR, considered to be Europe’s second most important tourism trade fair and/or Fashion Week Madrid.
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE’s Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French.