The Master in International Tourism Management, majoring in Management of International Tourism Destinations, is designed to equip professionals and executives to lead global business projects in the tourism sector.
This master is also conducted in Spanish in Barcelona. For further information click here.
Reasons to take the Master:
- Specific training at the headquarters of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Turismo de España and the embassy of a guest country each year. In the 2015/2016 academic year, the guest country was Andorra.
- Attendance to sector trade fairs: Students have the opportunity to attend up to two relevant trade fairs in the field of business tourism held in Madrid over the course of their tuition program.
- International faculty: Part of the content on certain courses is taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner business schools and universities. In the 2015/2016 academic year, guest lecturers included Greg Richards, from Tilburg University (Holland); Simão Oliveira, from the Instituto Politécnico de Leiria (Portugal); and Ana Maria Munar, lecturer at Copenhagen Business School.
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of Ostelea’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-Ostelea), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places):
- Tourism Skills Development Program.
- Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
- Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.