The Master in International Tourism Management, majoring in Management of International Tourism Destinations, is designed to equip professionals and executives to lead global business projects in the tourism sector.
This master is also conducted in Spanish in Barcelona. For further information click here
Reasons to take the Master:
- Management Experience: Students develop the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Specific training at the headquarters of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Turismo de España and the embassy of a guest country each year. In the 2015/2016 academic year, the guest country was Andorra.
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Barcelona campus. (Accommodation not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
Attendance to sector trade fairs
- Students have the opportunity to attend up to two relevant trade fairs in the field of business tourism held in Madrid over the course of their tuition program.
Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE’s Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French