This program will be conducted in English.
Sustainable development has become a new paradigm in the 21st Century, in both the public and private sphere, and from an international right down to a local level. In the tourism sector, this paradigm has given rise to the concept of sustainable tourism, which focuses on the environmental, social and economic aspects in this sector. There is an ever-growing number of public bodies, academic institutions, tourism destinations, companies and international organizations that actively seek to integrate sustainability criteria into their policies.
Reasons to take the Master:
- Eight fieldwork projects in experiences in tourism planning in Barcelona: students will visit various sustainable initiatives around the city of Barcelona related to tourism or which are affected by tourism, such as ecological markets and businesses, self-managed community spaces and community gardens, among others.
- Ostelea is an affiliated member of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), which sets the standard in terms of global tourism governance. Taking part with the WTO on initiatives such as the Knowledge Network ensures the academic quality of the programme.
- Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of EAE’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places):
- Tourism Skills Development Program.
- Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
- Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.