This program will be conducted in Spanish in Barcelona.
The objective of Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is to equip professionals and executives to lead business projects focused on planning and managing various types of events (in particular, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE), as well as congresses, conventions and trade fairs), ensuring that they have a firm grasp of the concepts of protocol and communications and public relations strategies, and enabling them to generate tourism development specializing in the quality business tourism sector. The programme also ensures that participants have the business perspective required to be efficient in the decision-making process.
Barcelona as a business destination and venue for leading international congresses, such as Mobile World Congress, Bridal Week and the City Innovation Summit, which can be capitalized on for practical tuition on certain courses. Attendance at these events depends on the dates falling within the tuition period of the master.
This master is also conducted in English in Madrid. For further information click here.
Reasons to take the Master:
- Students learn to develop the basic competences required to manage professional projects effectively through a program covering 10 Soft Skills.
- Organization of real events: Students on the Master take charge of organizing the School’s events and protocol. In previous years, the students helped to organize International Book Day, among other events.
- Personal brand management: The program includes the development of skills in the field of personal brand management, which include learning personal marketing and employability techniques, in order to identify professional opportunities in Spain and further afield.
- Stress management techniques: The program includes a number of sessions on stress management techniques, a crucial skill for any events organization executive, as their psycho-emotional balance is vital for effective team management.
- Monthly conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies or CEO’s from representative companies of the sector.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion, Holland. (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at the other Ostelea’s campus. (Accommodation not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
Attendance at Trade Fairs
- Extensive program of visits to trade fairs, events and organizations: In the 2015/2016 academic year, Master students have been to the IBTM and Alimentaria trade fairs, the Dalí Museum in Figueres, the Port Aventura theme park and the TV3 charity telethon, in which they helped to organize the campaign to combat obesity (Barcelona).
Other key features
- Ostelea is an affiliated member of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), an institution that sets the standard in global tourism governance.
- Ostelea is an affiliated member of the Asociación Española de Profesionales del Turismo (AEPT).
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE’s Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.