This program will be conducted in English.
Sustainable development has become a new paradigm in the 21st Century, in both the public and private sphere, and from an international right down to a local level. In the tourism sector, this paradigm has given rise to the concept of sustainable tourism, which focuses on the environmental, social and economic aspects in this sector.
There is an ever-growing number of public bodies, academic institutions, tourism destinations, companies and international organizations that actively seek to integrate sustainability criteria into their policies.
Reasons to take the Master:
- Management Experience: Students develop the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Eight fieldwork projects in experiences in tourism planning in Barcelona: students will visit various sustainable initiatives around the city of Barcelona related to tourism or which are affected by tourism, such as ecological markets and businesses, self-managed community spaces and community gardens, among others.
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of Ostelea’s Interdisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-Ostelea), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (in the case of Barcelona's programs) and Sustainability (in the case of Madrid's programs).
- Language: English or French.