Ostelea has decided to develop a programme of the Master's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Company Management, the objective of which is to equip professionals and directors to lead global business projects in the field of hospitality management.
Master's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Company Management - Barcelona
- Ostelea is a member of the Asociación Española de Directores y Directivos de Hotel (Spanish Association of Hotel Directors and Executives).
- Series of meetings with hotel directors and restaurant company executives and international tourism consultants.
- Official status of the qualification.
- Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of EAE’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (IDITUR), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Special emphasis on revenue management, which is taught using a business game. This particular aspect of hotel marketing is broadly developed in this specialization program through an applied vision based on a business game.
- Case study method: The case study method enables students to systematically improve their decision-making process using real cases of tourism companies. Moreover, this methodology enables other skills to be developed, including creativity, analytical thinking, verbal and written communication competences and interpersonal skills. The cases studies in previous years have included El Bulli and Ryanair.
- Attendance at sector trade fairs: Students attend sector trade fairs such as Alimentaria (Barcelona), considered to be one of the world’s most important congresses in the food sector, or IBTM (Barcelona), one of the leading events in business tourism. Attendance at these trade fairs depends on the date falling within the tuition period of the session.
- International faculty: Part of the content on certain courses is taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner business schools and universities. In the 2015/2016 academic year, guest lecturers included Greg Richards, from Tilburg University (Holland); Simão Oliveira, from the Instituto Politécnico de Leiria (Portugal); and Ana Maria Munar, lecturer at Copenhagen Business School.
INSIGHT INTO THE HOTEL AND RESTAURANT INDUSTRY
Building a firm knowledge base in the hotel industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the capacity for creativity and innovation required in hotel companies for sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized tuition, equipping participants to take on positions of responsibility in hotel establishments.
Training directors equipped to manage hotel and restaurant companies and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.
Developing the skills required of a global manager of hotel and restaurant companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors involved in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in national and international hotel and restaurant settings.
Ostelea’s Master's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Company Management is divided into 5 modules:
- Structure and international finance of the tourism sector.
- Talent management and innovation in global context.
- Strategic management and operations in the hotel and restaurant sector in global context.
- International hotel and restaurant marketing and commercialization.
- Master’s Thesis.
International finance for the tourism sector - 6 Credits - Compulsory
Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset - 6 Credits - Compulsory
[paragraph:field_order_number:value] Strategic management and operations in the hotel and restaurant sector in global context
HR operations and management - 6 Credits - Compulsory
[paragraph:field_order_number:value] International hotel and restaurant marketing and commercialization
International marketing and revenue management strategies for hotel and restaurant companies - 6 Credits - Compulsory
The Master in Hotel and Restaurant Company Management in Barcelona is directed by the co-founder and partner-consultant of the company PAX# Genuine Tourism Advisors, Pau Pitarch. He has fifteen years’ experience in the tourism sector, building an international career right from the start. He has gathered a wealth of experience in the different operational and management areas with professional stages in the independent hotel sector in Barcelona and New York. He is a specialist in hotel feasibility studies, tourism market research, strategic planning and dynamization of destinations and companies.
Diplomat in Tourism from the University of Barcelona. Master in Tourism Management and Management at ESADE. Partner-consultant at PAX # Genuine Tourism Advisors.
Professor and researcher in France, Sweden and Brazil, and consultant in international agencies in India, Peru, Senegal and Brazil
Director of Operations at BlueSense Hotels
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.