Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, the programme particularly focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
MBA in tourism - Madrid
- Residencial Skills Management: Weekend (includes 2 hotel nights) for an intensive management activities.
- The student will have the possibility of an International Tourism Residency in Saxion (Holland), Finance in ESG UQAM (Montréal, Canada) or Cross-Cultural Marketing in Kean University (NJ, USA) (additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at the other Ostelea’s Campus of Barcelona - Madrid. (Accommodation not included).
- Management Experience: Students develop the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyse them and propose their own solutions.
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE’s Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French.
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Providing executive tuition with an international vision of the tourism industry, together with a flexible and adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global setting. Integrating the main spheres of tourism management from an interdisciplinary and comprehensive perspective.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies. Enabling the acquirement of knowledge and skills in terms of new technologies applied to tourism and e-Tourism, in particular.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and businesspeople in the tourism sector in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
TSDP - (Tourism Skills Developement Program)
An exclusive program on which you will learn to develop your competences and skills.
The TSDP contains 55 hours of tuition (limited places), including:
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
- Employability: 3 workshops focusing on selection processes and improving your application
- Entrepreneurship: guidance and advice are given through the Entrepreneurs Program
- Career Transitions: 5 workshops to give students guidance on their professional future
- (Choose one)
- Talent Tourism Week
With the participation of leading companies in the sector, presenting their employment and internship opportunities and interviewing students who are potential candidates.
- Employment Forum
Participating companies post their employment and internship opportunities online and interview our students.
- Graduate Program
Run by multinational companies (Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Hotusa, etc.), the aim of these programs is to select the most suitable candidates.
- Company Meetings
Conferences with national and international companies, giving students the chance to discover the profiles in the highest demand in the sector.
- Professional opportunities
- Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
- Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies
- Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor
- Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
- Enabling the acquirement of knowledge and skills in terms of new technologies applied to tourism and e-Tourism, in particular.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
Each of these modules is comprised of several courses covering the following topics:
Tourism marketing and sales in global settings - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Executive skills for Hospitality organizations - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Information Tech. Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
International Financial Risk Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Corporate Internationalization - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Strategic Food & Beverage Management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
Sustainable tourism management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
Competitiveness and innovation in Hospitality - 3 Credits - Compulsory
Operations in Hospitality - 3 Credits - Compulsory
The MBA in Hospitality and Tourism of the Campus of Madrid is directed by Héctor Coronel Gutiérrez, current Director of Sales Pestana Collection Plaza Mayor - Madrid en Pestana Hotel Group.
With more than 20 years of experience in the services sector in leading companies such as Meliá Hotels International, TRYP by Wyndham, NH Hotels or Condor Vacations. His professional background has been developed both in operating departments and corporate positions, being regional sales manager in Portugal, central area Spain, responsible for the revenue management area of TRYP Hotels, as well as sales director of ME Madrid hotels, Meliá Madrid Princesa and Meliá Galgos.
Director of the Master's Degree in Hospitality Management and Restoration Companies of Ostelea in Madrid
Director Ideas Action Lab
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a DOUBLE QUALIFICATION::
- MBA in Hospitality & Tourism Management, from Ostelea School of Tourism & Hospitality (INSTITUTIONAL)
- MBA in Hospitality & Tourism Management, from EAE Business School (INSTITUTIONAL)
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
- Master in Business Administration and Management, majoring in International Business, from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (OFFICIAL), and specialization in Hospitality & Tourism Management from Ostelea(INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School. (INSTITUTIONAL)
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.